What a Load of Rubbish!!!!

On Friday of Week One all of the children and teachers in the Senior School went out into the community to pick up the litter that was polluting our local streets. 

We picked up all sorts of disgusting, filthy rubbish including broken glass, a window wiper, food packaging, aluminium cans, plastic bags, socks and underpants, a ripped t-shirt, a kitchen cloth and thousands of cigarette butts!!! Gross!!!

The most disgusting thing we saw was a huge pile of stinking rotting meat. The flies were swarming all around it.

"I never knew there was that much rubbish in our streets." said Caitlin.

"When I looked down the drain I saw a lot of rubbish." said Zyriana.

"I thought it would be cleaner." said Keita.

Prix said "Did you know that the rubbish in the drains will go to the ocean and then the sea creatures will think it is food and they will eat it and die." 

Tia said "The broken glass mainly came from alcohol bottles and a smashed car window." 

Elder said " I couldn't believe how much rubbish I saw lying on the ground." 

Hazyl said "I want people to pick up their own rubbish and stop littering." 

Vivienne said "I want people to know that the rubbish should go in the rubbish bin." 

The final weigh in happened today; Altogether we picked up a total of 67.5 kgs of rubbish and recycling. What a great team effort!







Comments

  1. What a great job the senior kids did-cleaning up all of the rubbish. What do you think we would find, if we went back to the same streets today? How can we make our streets litter free?

    Wayne has told me, that since we have started learning about reduce, re-use, recycle, he finds hardly any rubbish in our school-how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment