Personification Writing - Our Day as a Tree

Imagine you were a tree.  Would you be happy to see a chainsaw or a woodchipper?  Is it a haircut or an awful act of violence... you decide.



The Blade
Written by Cadell
It was just a normal Monday afternoon, everything was calm and peaceful until they came.  


I was just chillin’ out doing nothing because the humans had all left. I was so relieved they were gone. I mean a whole day with them would drive me to my tipping point. A few minutes past and some birds had just landed on me which is alright until they go potty on my head. You wouldn't believe how annoying this is, I mean I felt like firing one of my branches like a missile straight into their dumb faces but that was the least of my problems.


Out of nowhere an old rust bucket of a truck, powerful and strong,  and three others, all equipped with their own metal monsters came roaring towards me like a pride of lions. I was a bit confused.  Why were they after me and why were they carrying metal monsters? Well, whatever the reason was, I knew It would involve me. I heard the three metal beasts approach as I heard my cousins the grass screaming for help.


A very strong looking man hopped out, walked to the back of his rust bucket and grabbed a metal beast from the back of his truck. I saw it’s long tongue coated in solid steel and decked out in razor sharp blades that looked like they were out of a horror movie. Then he started the great metal beast up and  came charging towards me. It started it’s painful slicing, It felt like surgery and one after another, they slowly cut through my flesh like it was butter and the beast was the knife.


After that painful experience I kind of felt better I mean I was standing taller and I felt stronger and lighter. I now see why people say, ‘’No pain no gain.’’



The Monster
Written by Honey
One hot day the monster came by me. I didn’t know what it wanted. Then I heard a loud noise cutting into my flesh. It sounded like a lion roaring for food. You could see the monster’s sharp teeth. I didn’t know why he was smiling at me and he was licking his lips. He was making my arms fall off.  It hurt as the monster’s teeth cut into me. “Help me! Help me!” I screamed, but nobody could hear me because I'm a tree. I tried to stop the monster but it didn’t work.

lt was like he had eaten lots of people because his breath stank.  Lots of my body parts had gone away. It was painful. I felt like I had lost lots of weight but I was still fat.

Suddenly I realised that the monster wasn’t a monster, he was trying to help me because my arms were hurting people. Even with so many arms cut off, I still had lots of arms left to wave around.

The Oak Tree and the Monster
Written by Mikaylah
One Saturday  morning I was standing in nice,  warm sun. School was over now so most of the children had gone home. ’’Ahhhh, much more peaceful’’ I thought to myself. Everything  was going well until two men came towards me.They came with a weird looking thing. It was as jumbo as a herd of Musks. One of the men gripped my limbs and started to pull. “This one’s lose!’’ he shouted. I was full worries. “Why are they here?” I asked myself.

Then I saw a something  coming towards me. It made lots of noise but then it turned off.  “What’s happening, why did they pull my limbs?” Then something horrible happened.  The man pulled something from out of his back of his truck and it made heaps of noise.

He made a mark on my skin. ’’OWWW!” I yelled.  I yelled even though nobody could hear me. The monster cut one of my limbs off.  I was in pain because of that horrible monster. ’’What did I do to deserve this!’’ I shrieked. After the monster finished slicing my precious branches, another monster came.

’’What will you horrible humans do to me now?’’ I was surprised when the truck pulled up. I was confused. “How come it's not coming for me?’’ I asked myself. Then I saw what was happening. They were putting my limbs in that  monster! I couldn’t believe it. They were letting that monster eat my limbs. Suddenly, that same man started to pull another limb. He shook it so hard that I started to feel sick. He went to grab that atrocious monster. While I was crying, I could see the machine laughing at me. ’’That monster wicked and mean, tore me down like a tsunami hitting New Zealand,” whispered. After nearly an hour of me crying my sap out and both of the mean metal machine brothers cutting me the man in a bright coloured vest stopped and stepped back. ’’What a masterpiece’’ said the man. He looked relieved.

On Monday I felt a bit more healthy. Maybe that horrible trim wasn't so bad after all. What do you think?  




We tried to use our senses and similes to describe what it might have been like for the tree. Can you see any?


Comments

  1. Snaps- the man09/04/2018, 16:30

    Wow brian what an amazing story you wrote that alomost blew my mind of when i read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing Room 11. I read some of this when I was in your room-I absolutely love your published writing. Great language and wonderful imagination!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment