The Commonwealth Games

We have been talking about the Commonwealth Games and looking at some of the events. It is clear to see that the competitors are very dedicated and skilled to compete at such a high level.

We have done some research about the Commonwealth Games because none of had even heard of them and then we had to share what we had found out with the class.

We are using this as a way of assessing the way we read out loud.


Here is our criteria:

Reading Self Assessment:
WALHT: read aloud using an interesting voice to engage my audience.  
Criteria 1:  I make my words flow… NO ROBOTS HERE!

Criteria 2:  I am reading at a good pace… not too fast and not too s l o w .  

Criteria 3: I am using expression to add to the meaning.

Criteria 4: I am using a clear voice.

Criteria 5: I have gone back and corrected any errors I made and my reading makes sense.


We have certainly learnt something about the Commonwealth and how we look and sound when we  are reading to the class by doing this and we have highlighted things we need to work on when we are working cooperatively with other people.

Comments

  1. What a great, authentic way to assess your reading aloud. Was it scary reading it to your peers?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment