Happy Mother's Day



Related imageHappy Mother's Day to all of our amazing mothers, aunties, nanas and sisters. 



On Thursday we had a special Female Role Model Assembly. Kane was chosen as one of the finalists. Check out his awesome writing to his mum.  



My mum is so beautiful and shiny that when she walks in to the opera everyone say hey why isn't Ariana Grande up there.


Her long and luxurious hair smells like a coconut waterfall cascading down my face.


Her eyes are light green with a glint of sparkle in them. Every day I ask  if her dad was a astronaut because I think that her dad stole the stars and put

them in her eyes.


Her skin is soft smooth and luscious like the sand on a sunny day.

I still remember when my mum and I made apple pie custard. It was fantastic.  


She's a gift from God. She was sent down by Jesus.  He gave me a job to protect my mum from harm and danger. From now on, my only purpose is to look after my mum and make sure she has a good life and lives in harmony.

Mum you are perfect and I wouldn't change you for a dime. You're the sunshine to my Earth, the reflection of all of the world's beauty. Mum I love you but sometimes your jokes are a little dry..

There were five other people whose writing was entered into the competition. Here is their writing about someone special in their lives. 

Shiah

EVERYONE EVERYONE’ breaking news. We’ve just found the  best woman in the world... my nan Vera.  She can fly and she has superpowers and a- Pause hmmmm not quite right, there's one lie. Okay maybe two more here and there. Okay this is very much a lie. My nan is not in the newspaper,  she cannot fly nor has she claimed to be the best woman ever but she deserves it all. This is about my AMAZING nan.

My nan is sooooo beautiful. Her eyes are a hazelnut brown and they sparkle like millions of diamonds in the night sky. My nan’s smile is so bright that even the sun gets jealous and refuses to come out from the clouds. Her hair is like luscious, long, locks of pitch black thread and her skin is soft like a angel’s touch. She alway has a light scent of perfume to finish off her stylish outfit.

Everyday I go to visit and when I arrive I can just smell the delicious food that awaits me along with my warm hug.  

I  wonder what goes on behind that pot sometimes. I  think my nan’s a witch with her pot as the cauldron, just  contemplating her next potion. The second we consume the food, the trance starts.

My nan is the most beautiful, amazing, kind and generous person I know.  I love my nan. She melts my heart. I would follow my nan to the moon and back.

This is for you nan  

From your favourite grandchild.

Vai: 
My mum, lovely, beautiful and funny ( well, sometimes) is the most divine humble lady I know. I look up to my mum in every aspect of life, trying to make sure every step I take will make my mum proud, but I know my mum will always accept me and love me no matter what I do because that's the kind of loving person my mum is. 

My mum is a hard working mum who has to get us ready in morning, drive us to school then either go to buy my siblings and I things for school, or she will go to do the laundry.  She will do everything she knows that needs to be done and does not take a break. After these exhausting hours my mum dedicates the rest of her day to working and putting food on the table. 

My mum didn’t have very much growing up, living in the islands, being one of ten siblings and not having a dad for most of her life. My mum struggled, but being the determined striving lady she is,  she managed to cope and right after her studies she came here, to Aotearoa and made a big wealthy, happy family. 

My mum is a very happy chappy mum until I get on her other side which we won’t talk about.  I have rarely seen my mum cry  and I’ve been alive for ten nearly eleven years. 

Mmmm… my mum buys me the best dinner, McDonalds and KFC that's the best dinner I ever get.  You know my mum really is the best mum, KFC and McDonalds what’s better than that? I know... Home cooked meals. Remember how last year I said my dad is a better cook than my mum well… this is pretty harsh to say because I know my mum is right behind me but is mum a better cook than my dad at cooking?  NO.  Nothing has really changed. My dad will still out-cook my mum in everything that has to do with cooking but… my mum makes the best pancakes. I know my sisters disagree because they’re usually burnt but she puts effort, time and love into it so I would rather be fed burnt pancakes that were made with love and time then have store bought pancakes from McDonalds. This may sound very harsh, but the rest of my story is totally nice. I promise.

I wish I could go back in time to cherish those moments when we would walk to school and go on bike rides. I also loved going to the Saturday flea markets, riding in a pram even though I was four or five. Those moments are  never to be forgotten, like when I got my first scooter and when she taught me how to ride my bike without training wheels.    

My mum, the mother of all mothers, the angel that has descended from heaven, the woman of my dad’s dreams. With her brown hazel eyes, she lights up my world no matter what and makes me feel special and warm no matter how sick. She has dark black hair that pops into a fuzzy ball after showers. My mum always smell like a million roses with a heart of gold. 

My mum is like a gas pump which fills me up when I hit empty and keeps me motivated and focused in everything I do. My  mum also repairs me when I break and cleans me when I'm dirty. She is perfect and I don’t ever want her to change anything about herself because she’s doing a fantastic job at being a mother. 

This is getting to the end of my story, and I just want to show my mum how much she means to me and that she is the key to my heart. With her priceless heart and precious love, she always has the biggest spot in my heart, 

Love Vai,  your only son,
Happy Mother’s Day mum.  

April

Did you know that my mum is the best hero in the world. She is like the king but more than that. She has lovely cuddles and whenever I am feeling down she gives me the biggest cuddle.
Me and my mum do the work together. When my mum tells me what to do I have to do it because there is nowhere to hide. She know where the hiding spots are so I do it. If I don't she wont give me a lollipop or a pizza and chocolate cake.   
My mum’s smile is like god giving His blessing. Her smile is brighter than the sun.
My mum’s hair is so soft like a cuddly bears hair swishing in the cold air.  She has black and gray hair.
My mum feels nice and lovely but when she wants alone time then that is what she gets.   I always make her feel nice and lovely. Her mum passed away on August the 1st but I know that I try to make her feel safer and that her mum is the only mum she has.     
  
I know my mum loves me and my sister and brothers but I’m her favorite at the moment but she will love my brother when I am a 30 year old.  
That's why she is a hero to me. Whenever my mum hears me cry she is there to give me a big cuddle.


My mum smells nice and when we go out she smells like roses and dandelions.


My mum’s eyes are like the sparkle of a deep brown, cuddly brown bear.


I love you soooo much mum and that is why you are the best mum ever. Thank you for everything you have done for us


love from  April

Colin
Have you ever seen a superhero? I have, millions of times and that superhero is my beautiful mother.  Unlike some heros she doesn't wear a cape. My mum’s name is Lillian and she is the beautiful person that I’m talking about today.

My mum’s eyes are brown. The brownness in her eyes look like huge chocolate pools that I could just gobble up, yum! In the sunshine my mum’s eyes glimmer and shine and when I look at her I only think happy thoughts in my mind about my mum.

I remember a kind of funny memory about her. It was on the first of May and I got a notice that said I had made the tournament team for hockey. When I got home I put the note in my pocket and I said to my mum “Ho mum I didn’t make it into the team” in a sad tone and then I turned around and saidSIKE! I DID” Then me and my mum started cracking up laughing and laughing.

My mum works at this school so if I get in major trouble Miss Peters might just send me to Room 15 then boy I’ll be in huge trouble.

Nothing can separate me and my mum even the most largest storm in the world. Even if I get lost I will never stop looking for her

I love you mum.

Abigail:

Did you know that I have the best mum in the universe? Well yes I do and her name is Kefilini.
My mum  is the most beautiful mum.  She’s like a shining star that tries to find the right path for me. She also has long, luscious, black hair which is soft like a cloud and dark brown eyes like pools of chocolate.  My mum has softs skin that is like a baby's hand. My mum is 37 but is like trapped in a 10 year old’s body which means she’s short. My mum is like a pot a fresh roses because she always puts on perfume.
My mum is a superhero but without a cape. She’s  always there when I need help with anything like homework, tests and all sorts of other things. She’s always there to help me when I’m hurt or sad.
My mum's passion is playing netball and embarrassing her children like me. She also loves to cook and try new recipes. My mum's cooking is like a piece of cake melting in your mouth because it is magnificent and delicious.  
A time I remember with my mum is when she took me to Happy Days all by myself. Another memory is when I played a sport and my mum was screaming on the sideline saying “GO ABI YOU CAN DO IT!” with me trying to hide like I didn’t know her.
My mum makes me feel like a teddy bear because always gives me a hug and kisses.
If I had to describe my mum it would be a fighter because even though life is hard, my mum still fights to find us a better future and a better life because she never gives up.
I love my mum and I‘m sure she loves me. The reason I am writing this is to tell you that you only have one mum and that you should cherish every moment with her. Ohhh and to tell you how much I love my mum.

Happy Mother's Day and thank you for all that you do for us. From everyone in Room 11. 



Comments

  1. Beautiful words and images of amazing Mums/role models, written by by kind, caring, considerate children. I bet there were a few tears when these were read at home.
    Stunning!
    Miss M x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment