Otara Netball Tournament

On Friday last week, BMPS took three teams to the Otara schools netball tournament. Room 11 was well represented with 16 students competing.

I was in the boys team competing against every other team that was there. Us boys managed to beat every team and stay on top of our game which lead us to the victory, so in the end we took out the competition coming  first. The only way we managed to win was because of our hard work and dedication to coming to training every day. I also give a very big thanks to our coaches who trained us very well and gave up their lunch times to come train us and kept training us day after day even when practices didn’t go very well. They just managed to leave that in the past and train us, that’s how good  they are. Our first game was against Sir Edmund Hillary and we won by default as they didn’t show up, but we didn’t waste this game time and instead we made it a warm up game for all of us. Our hardest game was against Yendarra in the finals for first and second. They definitely showed us that they were there to win, but we being Bairds, gave it our all and won. We just had to do our best and as the game went on we started knowing how to play them so instead of throwing the ball over their tall defenders we had to somehow get it around them. This was one of the best sports days and I cannot wait for more sports events.  Written by Vai




I was in the girls A team, There were schools from all over Otara that competed. All of the girls managed to win all of their games, except for one against Sir Edmund Hilary. We lost because on our time table one of our games was not highlighted, so then my coach Katy decided to put all the reserves on knowing we were going to lose by default. I also want to thank all of the supporters who came and supported all the teams even if they weren’t ours. I believe that we only won because of our hard working coaches our coaches are teachers so that’s like double the work they do in class. The A team worked very hard the whole netball tournament. I think our hardest teams were Sir Edmund Hillary and Mayfield. In the finals we played Sir Edmund Hillary again and  this time we were lucky and won. The score was 14/15 to us. Sadly for me I had another netball game so I ended going home with my nan. I really enjoyed being in the netball tournament. Written  by Helaina






I was in the  girls B team.. There were schools that came a long way. Our first game we won by default against Sir Edmund Hillary. The girls played really well to come fourth place. The hardest game for me and some of the other girls was when we were playing against Redoubt North. That game was a real challenge for us. They were a very skilled team which made us work even harder. We lost four to three. The game I personally enjoyed the most is when we played against Rongomai. I got to help the other team when they didn’t know what to do. I wish we could have involved many other schools to have a tournament just for fun. I can’t wait for more tournaments. Written by Mikaylah.


I was so proud of everyone. We won the Fair Play Award as well which just shows that our attitude is as good as our skill. Well done everyone 😀












Comments