Our Writing

Sometimes the writing with the most personal voice is the writing that I have had very little to do with. 

Every so often we have a quick write for ten minutes. Sometimes these sessions have a theme or an idea but usually it is own choice. 

We start by having some thinking time with some background music so that when the time starts we are ready with our ideas. 

Here are a couple of my favourites...


Math - Written by Mikaylah  

Related image


As I do my math, my brain lets out a loud sigh. 
As I add my decimals, I freak. 
As I do my times tables, I feel worried. 
As I watch Miss Peters write hard equations on the board, I almost faint.
As I get to verse the top kids I get nervous. 
Maths is over, what a relief.

As Miss Peters gets a reading challenge out, everyone starts to freak. 
Everyone but me. 
As I verse these kids, I feel like a champion. No one else does, why?   


Unfair - By Vai
Image result for classical music clipart

Unfair - that word was gigantic and bold in my head because when we had thinking time, my teacher played violin music. All the kids around me were too focused on trying to play the violin. Esila was playing at his violin while Ezrah and Abi were blowing at their flutes or banging at their drums. 

I closed my eyes trying to think but people were giggling. Finally I thought this was going to end and there would be some peace and quiet. But... No! This went on for another 40 seconds. 

Now I know how it felt to be my teacher, screaming at everyone and telling them to be quiet. That is why I wrote this. 


Great writing Mikaylah and Vai. I can definitely hear your writer's voice coming through loud and clear.  



Comments