Flamingo Boy by Michael Morpurgo - Read what we have to say about this great novel

Image result for flamingo boy
Mikaylah - "I thought that the book Flamingo Boy  was very interesting and a good book.
The part I really liked about this book was at the end when the Corporal gave the icon of
Saint Sarah back to Keziea at the marketplace. That was a very emotional part to me but I
did not  cry. This book taught me that not all people that come from a bad country or place
are like the people who surround them. Like the Corporal, he had the Nazi uniform on the
outside, but on the inside he was a kind and loving German soldier. I recommend this book
to people who think that being different is bad."


Henry "The book, Flamingo Boy was AMAZING.The thing I liked about the book was when
the corporal kindly gifted the Charbonneau family with planks of wood for the project. It
reminds of Ruby Bridges and when her teacher helped her get through all the criticism. I
recommend this book to people who think all Germans are bad and people 11+. This book
has taught me that all the Nazi soldiers weren't bad and that people can change, one step
at a time."


Brian "The Flamingo Boy, have you read this story. Well you should. In Room 11 we have
been reading this amazing book over the past term. The character I think is the best is the
corporal. His personality is very loving, kind and helpful even though he was a part of the
Nazi army. I recommend this book to people who are aged 11+ because some of the talk about
guns, war and blood parts. This book has taught me that you shouldn't judge people by their
cover because inside they could be very kind. "

Vai "This term, Room 11 have been reading a fascinating book called Flamingo Boy.
This book is about about a boy named Vincent who meets an old man who tells him that
he just follows the bend the road. Vincent was inspired by these words and decides to do
the same and follow the bend in the road. But one day terror strikes and Vincent runs out
of water and food. Vincent tries his hardest to find  food or water but he sadly collapses
on the road. He wakes up being carried by a boy called Lorenzo who is carrying him to his
home where Vincent will than spend the rest of his life living even if he only planned to stay
for 3 to 4 days so he could recover. As he was recovering he asks Kezia, the lady who is
looking after him how she met Lorenzo. The story is heartbreaking. It is about how Kezia's
family were Roma people and they liked to roam everywhere around France. I learnt a lot
from this story like being proud of what you are and your difference to others. I liked the
way the story shifted from being calm and collected to exciting and thrilling. In my opinion
I would recommend this book to students 10+ ."

Peter "The book Flamingo Boy is about a boy who is 12 years old. He saw a painting
with a wooden caravan with a horse pulling it and a police car. The painting was called
the bend in the road so he decided to head off to the Carmague in Franch. I won't tell you
anymore if some people want to read it for themselves I recommend the book for 3+
Because it is a heart warming family story. I thought it was AMAZING!!!!!!! and funny."


Image result for flamingo boy

Comments

  1. Great feedback about the novel 'Flamingo Boy.' This has just gone to the top of my 'must read list' based on your great recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment