Training with the WARRIORS!!!!!!!



Rangi "On Tuesday afternoon, 50 kids from BMPS got chosen to train with three of the warriors and I was one of them. We played lots of games and in one of them me and Helaina came second. We were even aloud to make tackles they were hard ones too. It was funny because some people didn't know how to tackle. When we were finished the Warriors handed out some signed balls to some kids. But that was not all. We all got posters and they signed them too. We also got Warriors stickers and some people got them signed as well. Then we sang to them. It was so so AMAZING and I want to be one of them one day. "



Michael "On Tuesday I got chosen to train with the warriors. There were lots of us but I still had fun. I  know all three of the Warrior players  - Isaiah Papal’i , Leeson Ah Mau, and Leivaha Pulu. It was cool to meet them because the Warriors are my favorite team in the world. It was like a dream to meet them, and one day I'm going to be one of them."
 
 Merceius "On Tuesday, the Warriors came to our school and we did cool games to start. We had to get a partner and do funny things like a piggy bank and holding like a baby. It was fun playing sports with them. We played passes and tag versing the other team and trying to be the winners. Hopefully I can play with the warriors another time because it was the best day EVER!!!"

Esila. "Straight after lunch time I had to go and train with the super amazing warriors. First we started to do awesome warm up games and we had to get a partner and George started to get a free piggy bank and a free wedding ring and in return he carried me like a baby. Soon after our warm up we started to learn how to pass the ball and tackle. It was so much fun. At the end we got a free poster and it was signed by all of the Warriors. It was so much fun."

Destiny "On the 13th of August 2019, a little group from the middles trained with a group of Year 5 and 6 with a huge total of 50. Three amazing Warriors came into BMPS to train these 50 beautiful children including me as well. We learned heaps of skills from these Warriors and at the end of the skills we played a game called Tennis Kick where we got split into two teams and versed each other. We had to imagine there was a net in the middle and kick higher than the DRT helper's shoulder. I am sure our group enjoyed it we had got a poster of the Warriors and their signatures and stickers. My favourite player of the day was Leeson Ah Mau. Thank you for coming to train with us we really appreciate it."
Thank you to all of the parents who voted for Bairds Mainfreight in the DTR Facebook competition. Because of your support, 18 children got to go to the Warriors vs Sea Eagles game and then 50 children got to train with them at school. Without you, none of this would have happened.

Comments

  1. What a great experience, training with The Warriors. I can see from these smiles that it was worth while and great fun. I wonder if we had some future Warriors amongst the 50 who were out there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment