Tongan Language Week Opening Assembly

Vai- This Tuesday there was a special event at the hall for Tongan Language Week and I part of the
assembly. My mum did the opening prayer then the challenge for the week was introduced by my
sister Ana. After that Mrs McAree and Miss Bedford showed them what the challenge was which
was that each class had to make a kahoa lole (lolly necklace) which would then be presented at the
closing assembly on Friday. After this us boys performed a sipi-tau (haka) and I had to lead it which
was a very big moment. I was very nervous but I knew it was best to get it over with. 



Allando- The Tongan Language Week Opening Assembly was on Tuesday. We went to the hall for
the Tongan assembly.  Vai’s mum did the opening prayer and they showed us the teachers who went
to Tonga and talked about it. Miss Peters said she had fun swimming with the whales and that they
were so friendly. I think that is why they are called the friendly Island. Vai was the leader for the
sipi tau and at the last part his face was so red. The whole school had a challenge to make a
kahoa lole and Kelesi done the closing pray.









Comments