2019 in Review



Miss Peters: Sometimes it is difficult to remember all of the year because Term Four is such a whirlwind of activity. I have loved seeing Room 11 grow together as a family. Watching people grow in confidence and ability is the best part of being a teacher. I have loved coaching the touch, football, and netball teams as well as the athletics squad and taking the hockey team to their  tournament.  The energy and positive attitude of all of the children in those teams was very catchy. Choir and Voice Club are total highlights for me.  What a great year 2019 has been. 

Laurel: I've been in Room 11 for two years and this is my last year in Room 11 and at Bairds Mainfreight Primary School. It's really sad to leave the school that you've been going to your whole life but next year is going to be a new journey. I am looking forward to meeting and making new friends to hang out with next year in 2020. My highlights were hanging out with my amazing and awesome friends every school day and going on trips and sport tournaments. I'm going to miss all my friends and my teacher Miss Peters. My tip for all year 6’s and 5’s is to try hard and never give up what you want to achieve. I regret causing drama with my friends and making everything crazy but at the end of the day we are all friends again. 

Vai: This year in Room 11 was unfortunatly my last year here at this awesome school called Bairds Mainfreight Primary. I will MISS all my friends and my teacher (BULL). But I had tons of fun in Room 11 with all my mates who helped me through the hard things like being a year 6 and being a role model and leading by example. Not only this but they also made my year full of enjoyment and I loved every moment I had laughing away with my mates. Next year Allando and I are going to De La Salle and I'm looking forward to making new friends and having a fresh start as a Year 7. The advice I would give the new children who are coming to the senior syndicate, is to not worry so much and not to be nervous when talking to your teaching because you think they are growly. If you are shooting for any awards at prize giving they probably need you to be a motivated, self driven worker and someone who cracks on to work and doesn't moan even if it's hard, and to try to be a kind person in your class who is always willing to help out others and is willing to put people before them. Also if you choose to join any sports or anything that involves commitment you have to turn up to all the practices and trainings. You must commit to them so you don't let your coach and your team down. Bairds has helped me tremendously in my journey through life and it has taught me so many things about life. My time here has unfortunately expired and I will have to hand it down to the next generations. Goodbye Bairds :(      

Gafatasi: This  year in Room 11 was the best of my life but my favourite thing was camp because it was exciting but the sad part was leaving your family and my best part of camp was the food and having fun with my friends. The best highlights of this year was beatboxing because at the end it was cool because King Homeboy was the best at beatboxing  but in our group was Easlia, Peter, Ezra, Colin, and I but when we stood up to performed I got a bit nervous, and had goosebumps. I am looking forward to next year, going to intermediate to work hard. 
Mikaylah: This year in Room 11 has been a blast but sadly I have to leave this year as I am a Year 6. We went through many obstacles and succeed in all of our challenges. The hardest challenge I had this year was math because I find it really hard to concentrate with numbers, but when it comes to words and identifying keywords in reading and writing, sometimes I have no problem. In math I used to think that I was not as smart as everyone else, but when Miss Peters told us our levels and how much we had improved, I was shocked. I am looking forward to go to Intermediate and making new friends. I am looking forward to going to St Johns with Zantye and Soteria. I so deeply regret causing drama  between the girls, but in the end we have forgiven each other. I enjoyed all the sports I joined. My advice for you future year 6 is BE YOURSELF!!! If you be yourself, you will go far and you will succeed. Thank you Miss Pratt, Miss Bennett, Miss Le Roux, 
Miss Mc James, Miss Williams and Miss Peters for being the best teachers in the universe and a GINORMOUS Thank You for teaching me and building my brain to be as good as it is now.

Colin: This year in Room 11 was super cool because of our fun and wild teacher Miss Peters and those were some pretty fun times. Sadly I have to leave this year because next year I’m going to Papatoetoe Intermediate School and I will be a year 7. Some trips that we went on,  camp we did tennis, squash, swimming and many more were my highlights. My advice to get an award is to always try new things and never give up a challenge the bull gives you because if you don’t try the horns will be coming for you and also try not to make her angry because then you bring out the dragon and you do not want to see that because you will be petrified.

Ocean This year in Room 11 was awesome with my pretty teacher called Miss Peters. But the only thing that is sad is the leaving part when all the year 6s leave. I liked touch because we always practiced with Miss Peters and Miss Warid and we versed the other group to see how good we were. BMPS always wins all the sports because we have amazing sports coaches and we work as a team on them and cheer them on like always. I really thought that I was getting the sports award but instead Zantye got it for her improvement and hard team work to the sports. When I'm going to Intermediate I'm going to miss all the friends I made and I hope I see my best friend Rangi going to the same school. All you have to know is to not really join all the sports,  it is up to you but remember you might get lots of awards or a couple.

Kane: This year has bean a crazy year in Room 11 because all the year 6 are leaving including me. This year I was aiming for the sports award but it turned out that James got it and honestly I do respect that. I mean not everybody gets what they want. The thing that challenged me completely was math because although I am proud of my level 7, I will never stop striving until I reach stage 8. For me I am looking forward to next year because I am moving to a different school. The best trip this year was was camp because number 1,  no parents, 2, spent 5 days with all my friends and 3, we all got to know how people act out of school. My advice for all the year 5's  is don't make Miss Peters angry. 

Brian: Sadly it is my last year at BMPS and I spent this year in wonderful Room 11. It was an awesome year in Room 11. One of my highlights this year was prize giving because I got the Mainfreight Award. The Mainfreight Award is an award given to a child who is focused on learning, who contributes  and commits in sport and who just lights a teacher's day up like a beautiful sunrise. Also all the sports tournaments and the cool, awesome trips we had this year. I was in every sports tournament this year as well as Mikey and Vai. We had sports like Softball, Netball, Hokey, Cricket, Touch which was my favourite sports tournament and more. In class stuff we have done Language weeks, Have a go day, Roots of Empathy, Squash, Beat boxing, Cricket, Hokey, Mindfulness with Kerry, a health expo and TLC’S fundraiser. Something really challenging for me is moving on in my journey and going to Intermediate. Luckily, I will have some Bairds Mainfreight students with me. Another thing is that I am going to miss is alllllllllllllllllll my friends and alllllllllllllllllll the lovely teachers in Bairds especially Miss Peters, in Room 11 Known as the Bull ( It’s a joke). Next year is going to be awesome and I know that for a fact. Advice for children in Room 11 in all the years after this -  never make Miss Peters mad. :)

DaRrell: Room 11 was a lot of fun and I played a whole lot of games in Room 11. I liked going to the pools when I first started at BMPS in Room 11. I liked meeting new people in Room 11 and playing with them. It was hard playing squash because that was my first ever time playing. I can not wait for next year because I'm going to another school.  

Merceius: This year was the last but best year ever.  I learned so much I can't believe I'm leaving, I will always remember that there's this awesome school named Bairds Mainfreight and it will always be my home. I've learnt how to play games and the rules and other things.  I've done sports and represented the school proudly on trips. Most of all learning I actually improved in maths which was my highest achievement but I need to work a little bit more for others and maths as well. Next year in 2020 I will be at  Papatoetoe Intermediate. I am going to miss Mikaylah, Zantye, Rangi and everyone else but mostly my bestest friend Laurel.      

Abi: This year in Room 11 has been a fun and awesome year but sadly since most of us are Year 6 most of us will be heading off including me. Since I’ve been here for almost my whole life it is very hard to leave and start a new chapter in my life. But I will always remember every single memory like the netball tournament the touch tournament and my favourite when some lucky people got chosen to go to the All Blacks game. The thing I regret doing was causing lots of drama with my friends but in the end we forgive each other and we've become friends again. Next year when I’m a year 7 I will see some of my friends there because I am going Papatoetoe Intermediate. I will really miss Miss Peters because she is my favorite teacher because she bought us ice cream when we went swimming. She is also a red bull but she is still my favourite teacher.

Rangi It has been an amazing year in Room 11. We met lots of new people but I'm sad to say that since I'm Year Six with most of the people in Room 11 we are leaving for Year 7 next year. I know that we are all going to miss each other but most of all our beautiful teacher Miss Petersw ho has helped us throughout the year even if we don't listen she is still there when we need her. My most favorite sport this year has been netball and rugby. We had our school prize giving  and I really wanted to get the sports award for the girls or maybe the Kapa Haka award but I didn't manage to get those awards so my advice for you is to never give up and try your hardest. I loved doing voice club we got to sing in front of a huge crowd. Mary was an awesome singer I think she should be a singer when she is older. The other day we had graduation and we got to dance with boys in our class and some family. Next year is going to be a bit different but I got this. 

Allando: In Room11 it has been a wonderful year with my friends as they are like brothers to me but sadly we are going into different schools the only one I have with me is Vai. My favourite thing this year is when we went to Camp. I didn't even know how to ride a horse and then I went five times and spending time with Miss Peters. The hardest time this year was when I was on my maths e-asttle test. For 2020 I'm excited because I want to join all the sports. My advice for next year is that you should not always sit next to your friends. 

Jahzay: In Room11 it was fun and wonderful.The most fun thing was  that we got to go on trips like camp and Kiwi Kapers but I like just hanging out with my friends. I've made lots of new friends. The most challenging thing for me is trying to come to school everyday because I live far away from school. 
I was doing so bad at the beginning of the year with my maths and reading also writing too. But as time went on I got better and better. The thing that I am looking forward to next year is getting to play tag next year. My advice to the new year sixes for next year is try your best, never give up, keep going, and always give things a try.

Helaina : This year in Rm 11 was incredible we had the best teacher ever. Her name is’’RED BULL’’ nah just joking my teacher's name is Miss peters and she is the best teacher you could ever ask for. She has the best singing voice ever. I think she should go to The Voice because she will go a long way.  I have loved being in Rm 11. It  was the best. We played games and learnt about countries and many more things. I wish that I could stay longer but sadly it is my last year at BMPS. Next year is going to be a big step up from Primary to Intermediate, but next year I'm looking forward  to all the new sports and activities and getting to know new teachers.To be honest all you really have to do is to try your hardest and try to be included with everything and NEVER GIVE UP. It will lead you to something great so always think first.. 

 Henry:  This year has been an amazing year and SO much fun. I’ve made new friends but I won’t be with them for any longer because the Year Sixes will be leaving. The best thing of the year was winning the Champions of Champions comp, winning the junior team of the year and making new friends. This has been a bit difficult with everything but if you try then you will achieve anything. 

Mikey- In Room 11 it was the best because I got to meet new friends and learn more things. It was a pleasure to be here and I have to say it was the best class ever. Bairds Mainfreight was the best at sorting out things, looking after things and also looking after us. We are all going to miss this school and we are also going to miss the teachers.
My favourite sport here was rugby because we finally won the Auckland champs of champs we also got chosen for the best junior team in Otara. The best trip was camp because we got to do heaps of activities. My dad said aim on the future not the past so I'm going to do that. Mr Lyth is the best principal because he knows over 400 names not like other prinicpals. Good bye BMPS!\

Jemiah: This year at BMPS in Room 11  has been a lot of fun, especially when we played games like Table Tennis or Squash. My favorite game we played was Squash because it was fun and I wasn't really bad at the game. Miss Peters taught us a lot of things , including things that were higher than our year level. Prize giving had finally came and lots of people got an award, but unfortunately I didn't. When the Year 5's sang to us tears fell out of my eyes as if I was being held captive. When we did swimming yesterday we were allowed to jump but it went class by class. The thing that challenged me most was math because I wasn't really good at it in Room 11. It was hard, and when Miss Peters gives us a test I struggle and start panicking inside, which makes me slow down. Next year I won't be in Primary I’ll be in Intermediate but I don't know which one I’m going to, so I need to find out quickly  before the holidays end. 

Evalonie: This year in Room ll was lots of fun because if we had spare time we would go out for a game and every time we did art we would do the most interesting, wonderful and colourful art and it turns out to be so beautiful at the end and the reasons why we do all these fun things is our teacher Miss Peters. Not only Miss Peters but every single teacher even the prinicpal because they are wonderful and they let us go on amazing, fun trips like the pools, Kiwi Kapers and they paid for the bus to come and drive us a long way and all the fun stuff throughout the days like assemblies, clubs and Roots of Empathy was very fun. People who are going to be in Room - well you're going to be so lucky to have all those things ahead of you. What challanged me the most is when we learnt new stuff that we hadn't learnt last year. What I’m looking forward to next year at St Johns is homework because it might be different from our homework. The things I can say for the people who are coming to the seniors: work hard to get good grades if you want an award you have to deserve it by trying and never giving up. The only regret that I’ve had is that I should have tried out for sports. What I would do differently is try harder on my work and try not to get distracted easily.   

Zantye: This year in Room 11 has been a  wonderful year and everytime I walk in this class it just fills me with joy and having a beautiful teacher who teaches us things that we haven’t even heard off. In Room 11 we had lots of fun hanging around together, sharing ideas and mostly talking with each other. The most challenging part when I was in Room 11 was standing up in front of the whole class and presenting our work. In Room 11 I liked how we went on the tournaments, trips, performing for the Samoan group and finally going to camp. The only thing that I am looking forward to at St Johns is seeing Soteria and Mikaylah. I completely regret causing drama over the last two couples of years. My advice for the people who are going to be a Year 6 is to keep on trying, never giving up and finally be yourself.

Ezrah: This year in Room 11 has been wonderful, because every morning Miss Peters would say good morning and make my day. My favourite part about being in Room 11 is that you always have someone to talk to. My highlight in Room 11 was when we went to camp for four long hot days. Something that challenged me was grad because it was embarrassing doing it in front of our parents but fun at the same time. A message to the kids next year is don't make miss Peters angry.

April: This year in Room 11 has been fun and the best class I have been in and Miss Peters has been a good teacher. Sometimes she can be a bull but not all the time. I just want to say thank you for being a great friend and a teacher. This is my second year in Room 11 now and I am sad  to be leaving this fun School that teaches me a lot of things that I did not know. This school has been my home and that’s why I love it. I am thankful for my mum for making my life and being there for me when I need it the most. My learning has been hard at first but it is getting better everyday.  The most hardest one would be maths because I need to work on it the most. I am good at reading my teacher says, but not on writing. CAMP was fun and funny at the same time because people got in trouble because they kept on talking and eating at the same time and we had to wake up early to do our activities. My goal is to be smart at mostly everything that I can do. 

Peter: It was fun starting in Room 11 with all the art and the writing we did as a group and all the sports we did like squash,softball and many more. The other thing that I'm looking forward to next year is being with the same teacher Miss Peters for the second year which is AMAZING!!!!! I cant wait. The things that challenged me was maths because of the end levll 7 maths problems are hard. 

Demitrji: It was very fun being Room in 11, but now I have to leave. I will remember Miss Peters because she always loves to do art and writting. The most fun highlight was how we went to squash and our instructors were Jude and Riccardo. The thing that challenged me the most was my maths with Mr Gerrard. At the end of school I got an award for culture and my family and I were very proud. This is my message for the kids. NEVER GIVE UP. WE LOVE YOU BAIRDS MAINFREIGHT.

James: This year in Room 11 has been the best year because we had lots of fun hanging with Miss Peters. My favorite thing about this year was playing squash and table tennis and winining champs of champs. My favorite highlight was when we went to camp and when I got a prize at prize giving. Next year will be cool because I am going to meet my new teacher and new classmates.










Comments