Thanks Mum

At BMPS we are lucky enough to be a Duffy School.

Coming up is our Duffy Female  Role Model Assembly. Keita, Prix and Vivienne were entered into the competition from Room 11 and Keita has made the finals. 

I hope you enjoy reading their writing.




Has your mum embarrassed you in front of your friends? No?  Has she ever sang like Lady Gaga? No way?  Well you are really not special because my mum always sings and embarrasses me in front of anyone.
My mum always tells me to put stuff away not because she does not want me to touch it,  she just wants me to be safe that’s all she wants.
My mum is not just a normal mum.  She is like a life changer because she encouraged me to do all of the sports and to never give up.
My mums name is Anna she is the number one cook in our family.  Her food is really sweet like how she’s got lots of flavour in her soups.
My mum can get angry at times, just like all parents right,  but my mum doesn’t get angry at me and she never goes on and on.  It is because she came from the coolest country of all.  She came from the islands in Raro.
When she cuddles me I can feel her soft skin against me she reminds me of my bunny’s skin but she is not furry.  She smells like sweet apples that have just been picked from the tree.

Mum I love you because you always embarrasses me and sing in front of my friends. I love you because you’re you and you are the key to my heart. You unlock all the doors as well.  

Written by Vivienne Silivelia Low

My Mum was going to prove that she was the best by entering a sports race then I asked my myself “Can my Mum do this? Can she really do this?” My heart was acting wild like crazy drummers banging their devastating beats but then my Mum won. I was shocked and relieved about the competition for a moment. She’s my super hero.  I was wrong about her because I didn’t think she could do it. I have write this letter as a gift for my mum.

She is as bright as the sunny sun shines. Her hair sparkles like a bright shooting star flying around the galaxy like a meteor. My Mum is half Samoan and half English.When I get upset she always comes to give me an enormous cuddle like a thoughtful bear.

My Mum is like an octopus, but not a funny looking sea-creature. What I mean is  that she can do everything at the same time.She is as awesome as the floating island that shimmers and glitters where it lands. Her eyes sparkle like the sun rise,  shimmery raindrops fall to a spiders web.

Every time I get hurt she always cuddles me, calm as a strawberry cream and raspberry cake that make me feel safe. Even though I get prickles,  my mother uses her hand to get the prickles out but it feels like thousands of dig-sites destroying, pulverising,devouring the enormous full set of a dinosaur's skeleton.

My Mum is great but I love her the most when she show what is really inside her like a caterpillar breaking free from her cocoon into a gorgeous, beautiful, magnificent butterfly.

Since I saw you I’ve felt that I’m in a bed in a cloud on a marshmallow being safe as a pixie flying around like an angel in the sky. Dear Mum I love you and I will never forgot about you and you’re always right.  You’re always my great hero.This is a gift for you to remember our friendship and love.

Love Prix.




Does your mum dance like a 21 year old rocker girl? Well does she sing like Beyonce? Really are you sure? Well that's what my mum does, WHAT? It is your mum’s job to embarrass you isn't it? Well that's what she says when I tell her she is embarrassing me. Hmm… then you must have a really fancy mum, Hey I didn't say she comes from England and drinks her cup of tea with her pinky out NO NO NOOOOO She barely even drinks tea, coffee is what she prefers coffee with NO sugar that's what she demands.

Whenever you see her no matter if it's dark or light you will always see a twinkle in her eye. When she looks at me her eyes seems to shimmer like the moon shining on two diamonds.

My mum is perfect in every way when she cooks I faint at the smell.  I sleep at the touch and get hypnotised by the taste.  Hmmm maybe that's how our mum get us to do all our chores. Maybe they're secretly slipping some witchy mother potion into their delicious food. Oh and I suggest you think before you eat their lovely but  evil food.

My mum is like a cat, not because she has bad breath or because she likes to lick herself, NO,  because she is soft and warm.

To me my mum is a superhero because whenever there are no parent helpers she flies all the way to my school and saves the day. She is NOT rough or mean, but she is caring and loving and she helps on school trips when we need her the most, not when someone has no idea how to tie their shoelaces,  but at important times when someone looses a bag and has no lunch.

We are not a perfect family but we all know we love each other and that's all that matters.

My whole class loves you mum and so do I. You have no idea how much my class and I appreciate you.

Mum you may be a crazy rocker girl and you may sing like Beyonce but I love you mum. You are fantastic. You are the best mum in the UNIVERSE.

Written by Keita

Room 11 is such an amazing, warm and thoughtful group of children. I'm sure all their mums and aunties and nanas are just the same, after all they must have got it from somewhere. I hope you all had an amazing Mother's Day and that you enjoy reading what the children have to say about you.

Comments