Narrative Writing

This term we have been studying and writing narratives. 
Here is a little taste of the awesome writing from Room 11. 

"Swoosh. I can hear the waves from the sea bursting onto the sand and birds chirping as they fly by." Elder

"My hands went to my hollow cheeks in fear and my heart was pounding like it was calling the zombies to eat me. The fear grew bigger and bigger to show them the way to their dinner." Nick

"I had a bad feeling and I felt goosebumps rise to the surface of my skin. Suddenly something scraped the outside metal and it sounded like sandpaper. I swallowed the saliva down my throat and then I saw my life flash before me. Memories of my family playing on the beach and when my wife and I were singing karaoke." Zyriana

"Opening my eyes, I could still hear the other people shooting and screaming. I felt my stomach rumbling so I decided to search for some food. I couldn't really lift up my leg with blood dripping down so I ripped my t-shirt and wrapped it around my infected leg." Tereau

"200 years later I woke up in pain. "Ha" went my voice. World War 2 was in 1915 and right now it is 2116. "Aa ha." I remembered my birthday was 28th of November and today was the 28th of November so that meant that today was my 201st birthday." Ali 

"All I can see is smoke. I'm trying to control the plane but it's no use. I've taken too many hits. I'm spiraling out of control and the next thing I know my plane is smack bang in the middle of enemy territory. "Oh no! what happened?" I see blood flowing everywhere and dead soldiers on the ground." Cadell

 'Minutes later I felt uneasy. Pain ran through my body and it felt like ants or cockroaches were running up my back. The mysterious shadow froze in silence glaring into my chocolate brown eyes. He looked like he was going to steal my gear." Here 

Fallen Aircraft, from 'The Great War'

"They might find me here but if they do I might have already gone to the place up above or if I'm still alive I will be waiting to be rescued. My heard pounded like hammers nailing me. I felt terrified. Suddenly half of the cliff broke. It could not handle the weight. I thought I had survived or did I? Pasha

""Help!" I shouted. I covered my face with my jacket before the snow storm hit me. I got a little push from the storm and my foot slipped off the edge. "Aahhh!" I pulled the rope and got a good grip."  Elijah

"My mind couldn't stop thinking of him. It was like a tornado sucking and spreading the fear around my head.... My eyes flooded with tears and my smile became a frown. I wanted to forgive myself but how could I forgive myself for leaving a life behind?"  Nick


"However, as soon as we got to the spot where Jay had been, he wasn't there anymore. At this very moment, my blood boiled and my heart screamed. I just didn't know what to do or say. I looked like a liar and an idiot." Caitlin

Related image

Comments

  1. I love how all the kids used powerful words

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay guys I just wanted to let you know that you give me an complet mind picture and I just wanted to let you know that yous should keep up it up and never give up cause wants you get use to it you will love writing have a good day Room11 at BMPS your school

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible writing. I enjoyed the beautiful images that you painted and the great features you have see. Your writing is a million times better that how I wrote when I was your age! Tumeke!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment